1. New students holding an X1 visa shall apply for a residence permit to the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Zhengzhou Police Station, within 30 days from the date of entry in China. Students with an X2 visa shall secure a visa extension 7 days prior to the expiry of the duration specified in the visa, or apply for a resident permit. Those who exceed the specified time will be punished in accordance with relevant Chinese laws for illegal residence.
2. International students who are transferring from another city in China shall apply for the move-out document from the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of previous city and submit it to the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Zhengzhou Police Station, within 10 days from their arrival at the university.
3. If any items on the residence permit change during his/her study at the university, student shall have the relevant information changed with the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of Zhengzhou Police Station within 10 days after the change takes place.
4. Current students shall, within 30 days prior to the expiry of the validity period on their residence permits or visa, submit their applications for extension to the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of Zhengzhou Police Station. Documents for extension application include the applicant's passport and a certification issued by School of International Education,Zhengzhou University. Failure to secure the extension before the expiration will be deemed as illegal residence and thus leads to penalty in accordance with relevant Chinese laws. Students are advised to solve their visa problem during regular semester time as it is not handled during vacations. A residence permit may be extended up to one year at a time. No extension will be possible for students who are to leave the university for graduation or completion of their course of study, but stay permits with specified duration may be applied for according to the circumstances.
5. International students may enter and exit China for multiple times as long as their Residence Permits are valid.
6. International students who have lost their passports should inform the School of International Education and the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Zhengzhou Police Station immediately, obtain a certification for the loss, apply for a new passport to their embassy/consulate in China and a new residence permit from the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of Zhengzhou Police Station. International students who have secured new passports must inform the School of International Education to have their personal information updated.
7. The Address of the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Zhengzhou Police Station is 90# Huanghe East Road, New East Destrict, Zhengzhou, Tel：69620350.
8. To apply for a residence permit, new students need to prepare the following documents and materials.
(1) A certification issued by the School of International Education;
(3) The Original third slip of Visa Application for Study in China(Form JW201 or JW202);
(4) One duplicate copy of the Admission Notice;
(5) One recent 2-inch photo of the applicant (front, bareheaded, with a white background);
(6) The Certificate of Verification of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners & Overseas Chinese, which is required for students who will study for more than 6 months;
(7) Residence registration certification issued by dormitory management department of university, which is required for students dwelling on campus;
(8) Temporary residence registration certification issued by the local police station, which is required for students dwelling off campus;
(9) A certification of completion of study, a transcript and a certificate of class attendance issued by the student's former school in China, which is required for those whose Residence Permits was issued by other city where the student's former school is located.
9. Students with new passport should provide the document as follows,
(1) When the previous passport was lost, a certificate issued by the public security bureau or Note issued by the Embassy stating that the passport was reported lost should be submitted.
(2) When the previous passport expired or no spare visa page left, the passport of the recent entry should be provided.
(3) Students with valid resident permit can stay in China all the time or entering China multiple.
10. Students wiling to stay in China after the resident permit expires have to apply for extension to the Exit and Entrance Bureau of Zhengzhou public Security Bureau before the present residents permit expires.
11. For foreigners staying in China illegally or breaking the law, the police can punish them according to the law.
12. International students are responsible for all costs, shall settle their residence permit, visa, etc at their own cost.