1. The university has hospitals on all campuses. International students can be treated at those hospitals for minor health problems.
2. If necessary, international students can seek treatment from
off-campus hospitals. Provincial or municipal public hospitals in
3. For medical emergency, please call Emergency Center Number: 120.
4. Comprehensive Insurance for International Students
⑴ Students on
a full scholarship and self-funded students who have paid all fees in full
(with their time of studies exceeding 6
months) are entitled for the Comprehensive Insurance for International
Students, which includes insurances for medical treatments of accidental
injuries, hospitalization, accidental disability and death. Only public
hospitals on the mainland of the People's Republic of
(2) The expenses for hospitalization shall be paid by the student during the treatment and the following materials are needed to apply for insurance claims:
◇ Discharge Summary
◇ Hospital Certificates of Diagnosis
◇ Receipts of hospitalization expenses
◇ Lists of Total Hospitalization Expenses
◇ Clinical History and Receipts of payment (if there are clinic services pre or post hospitalization)
◇ Photocopy of Passport (data and photo page)
(3) Students hospitalized in one of the following hospitals may have a third party payment of the expenses, provided they have contacted the teacher in charge prior to hospitalization.
◇ The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University.
◇ The Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University.
◇Henan Provincial People's Hospital
◇ Zhengzhou People's Hospital No.1
(4) Medical expenses incurred as a result of students' criminal or disciplinary offences such as physical fights and assaults shall be covered by the offenders themselves.
(5) The office and telephone number of the teacher in charge of insurance affairs of international students: Room 219, Dorm. 31, Yuquan Campus; Tel:87953837.
5. Students benefiting from free medical services are requested to seek
medical treatment at regular public hospitals. If annual outpatient medical
expenses are more than RMB 650, the insured can apply for part of the
reimbursement. And they need to submit the medical record, list of physical
checkups and medicines and the invoices from the hospital to the
6. International students studying in